Thursday, January 19, 2006

It's not over

Take your pictures off the wall
but stretch out slow
so I can watch your muscles flex.
Can we check the clock again?
'Cus I could swear
that it has started running fast.

Bring your shit downstairs;
I've started making eggs.
The pot's been on;
if you want I'll take the dregs.

Can we pretend this is a holiday
and stay inside all day?
Don't look at me that way.

Take the sculptures that you made,
except that one
so I can think of things we did.
Can we check the book again?
'Cus I could swear
that it was spelled a different way.

Leave your shit on the floor
and I'll give you a kiss.
Your backpack's on;
how can I hold you like this?

Can we pretend this is Columbus Day?
I'll conquer you all day.
Don't look at me that way.

Let me call you names you don't want to hear.
Let me take your hand to wipe off my tears.

Let's write a song like we used to
and sing it everyday.
Don't look at me that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home