Sunday, November 13, 2005

You have to stay this time

What are you doing up?
Did you let down your hair?
Or did you tear off all your clothes?
I'm sorry, girl, there's nothing I can say.
Did they take it away from you?
Yes?
So take it back.

And those who
stand in light can
leave their shadow
on the pavement
for weary driving men
to travel through.
No wait, I take it back,
not men but fools.

Where are you going to?
This world sleeps too late.
There is nothing left to do.
"I'm sorry, man, there's nowhere open today.
Did you have another plan?
No?
Then I'll go back."

But I will
stay awake
and hope for better
entertainment
than listening to
uninspired blues.
No wait, I take it back,
not me but you.

Are you doing something tonight?
Or were you just going to stare at the moon?

'cause we could
tire the wind
with anything
but mindless chatter
and maybe after
we can find a room.
No wait, I take it back,
not we but you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ralikat said...

So, here's to staying up all night...

10:47 PM  
Blogger Ralikat said...

Here's to staying up all night working on poetry

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home